Installing a patio is a great way to add value to any property. However, over time and without (easy) maintenance, your patio may not have the look and feel of a new one.
Thankfully, there’s simple and cost-effective ways to remedy this.
Want to know how to make your patio look as good as new?
Read more from the Perth patio professionals at One Stop Patio Shop to find out.
You’ve probably heard how decluttering is popular in the home. However, what about the outside of your home? No, we’re not talking about your backyard shed or garage. That’s a whole different ballpark.
Decluttering your patio, before cleaning and before entertaining guests is a must.
To simply feel better, mess doesn’t allow this to happen. Also, decluttering gives you a chance to find and squash any weeds, stains or marks before they truly set in.
How to do this:
- Remove pots, plants, ornaments and easy to move furniture before a deep clean.
- Avoid placing too many items in and around your patio, so you can keep on top of your cleaning and patio maintenance.
Remember, if it isn’t a functional part of your patio, it probably doesn’t spark joy and it should go.
Now that your patio is decluttered, it’s time to do the dreaded clean. Don’t worry though, it doesn’t have to take long if done well.
What you should do:
- Grab your outdoor broom and sweep away, starting in the centre and working towards the edges.
- Hose down your patio flooring before a thorough scrub with a hard-bristled brush and some soapy water.
- Wipe down surfaces like an outdoor dining or coffee table, seating and the outdoor kitchen area (if applicable), before use.
By following these cleaning steps regularly and before a party or gathering, your patio will always look as good as new.
Invest in long-term protection
Protecting your outdoor fittings, fixtures and furniture helps in dealing with outdoor elements and general wear and tear. It’s no different when it comes to your Perth patio.
Is it worth sealing your patio? Yes!
Why? Sealing your patio will make the surface more resilient, durable and long-lasting, be it in cold or hot weather, and every temperature in between.
Sealing your Perth patio will also help:
- Prevent erosion, and
- Deter algae and mould formation.
Taking preventative measures now (professional sealing is only once every 3 years), will greatly help your patio last, all while looking as good as new.
Find the perfect patio at One Stop Patio Shop
One Stop Patio Shop build and install beautiful and highly functional patios in Perth.
Why choose One Stop Patio Shop?
- We provide interest free patios.
- Our patio showroom enables you to experience the perfect patio for you and get the best advice from our professional team.
- The complete service is on offer, which encompasses shire approvals, patio lighting, cafe and outdoor blinds, patio renovations, commercial patios and more.
A patio is to be enjoyed for many years. You can easily do so by following the above 3 steps.
Need a patio in Perth?
Contact One Stop Patio Shop today for installations and renovations for your Perth patio.