Doors, blinds and curtains help us maintain privacy within the home. Gates and fences do a sufficient job of doing this in the front and backyards of our home, too. However, let’s face it – not everybody likes their neighbours and it’s not rude to require a bit of privacy within the boundaries of your home, be it indoors or outdoors.
Fortunately, installing or working on your existing Perth patio can achieve added privacy within your very own backyard.
Interested in finding out how it’s possible? Read more from the Perth patio professionals at One Stop Patio Shop to discover how.
Perfect privacy with plants
Plants have so many benefits inside a home and outside it. They not only beautify a space, but help the immediate environment, can attract birds and bees (if that’s what you want), absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen.
Clever planting placements are also incredibly useful to increase privacy in your outdoor living area. Many plants do well in and around a Perth patio, because they’re out of direct sunlight.
Here’s what to consider:
- Go to your local nursery and pick the attendant’s brains. Find out about tall plants that can block off areas. It’s no good choosing plants that grow to less than a metre and have many gaps.
- Mature plants are your best bet for a quick privacy fix. However, they’ll cost more than the smaller ones that will grow to a mature height with a sprinkle of patience.
- How much time and effort are you willing to put into these plants and their privacy benefits?
If you’re not a green thumb, lack the time and motivation to tend to these plants, don’t worry, there’s other privacy measures you can make.
Outdoor partitions and screens
Another way to enhance privacy in your front or backyard living space is installing partitions or screens. Either you can source and buy directly from your local hardware store, or you can fashion one yourself if you’re into DIY projects.
While this option isn’t as naturally beautiful and beneficial as plant privacy additions, it’s definitely the less time-consuming one!
Outdoor blinds on your Perth patio
Installing outdoor blinds is arguably the most beneficial, most functional and most flexible privacy option out of the three listed. So many Perth patios already have outdoor and cafe blinds, for many different reasons.
Let’s take a look at why people love outdoor and cafe blinds:
- Flexibility – they can be open and closed, creating privacy between spaces or openness when you desire.
- Outdoor and cafe blinds will keep you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
- Reduce noise and increase security.
- Lower your energy bills and protect your outdoor furniture and guests from harsh UV rays.
Lastly, for those who crave privacy above all else, the outdoor and cafe blind material will ensure prying eyes and nosey neighbours can’t see in!
One Stop Patio Shop have all your Perth patio, outdoor and cafe blinds options under one roof.
Need a patio in Perth?
Contact One Stop Patio Shop today for all the advice, products and service to enhance your outdoor living area.