How to Make the Most Out of Your Backyard This Summer
With beautiful warm weather, Christmas and the New Year on the horizon, now is the perfect time to whip your backyard into shape this summer.
Doing all the hard work now, (don’t worry it’s easy work), will all but ensure a fun, relaxing season where you’ve definitely made the most out of your backyard.
Read more from the team who know everything and build everything patios Perth at One Stop Patio Shop, for cost effective ways for you to further enjoy your patio this summer.
A general tidy up
Here come the groans. You already spend so much time cleaning the inside of the house, now you have to take time and effort to do the same in your backyard?
If you pick cooler days and are motivated to do so, a general tidy up of your backyard for summer isn’t really that bad.
Here’s what to do:
- Mow the lawn and weed the garden,
- Trim back any overgrowth, and
- Hose down your patio.
Got yourself a patio deck? It’s time for the annual clean and oiling?
Pavers present? A high pressure clean will work wonders, trust the professionals in everything patios Canning Vale.
A spring clean now will lead to relaxing summer fun for children, adult guests and of course yourself.
A pop of colour and something new
Finally shake off the remaining winter blues of your backyard with a pop of colour.
Spring is peak bloom time and summer is when we’re enjoying our backyards the most.
Here’s some cost-effective colour additions you could make:
- A vertical wall herb garden (rosemary, thyme and garlic are great mosquito repellents!)
- New potted plants or a fruit tree (or two!), and/or
- Change or add to your theme with new patio seating cushions and/or table runner.
You can truly make the most out of your backyard with subtle, yet colourful additions in and around your patio.
Let your creativity shine
Lights, lanterns and fairy lights are used and loved by people of all ages. Hang fairy lights in and around your garden for a magical atmosphere and add lanterns for decorative statements.
Bring out your creative side too, to really get the most out of your backyard this summer.
Here’s some ideas:
- What’s hot? Pallet furniture – which is also quite affordable and great for the DIY lovers,
- Add a projector (doesn’t have to be the most expensive kind), bean bags, picnic blanket and popcorn for an outdoor cinema experience.
- Create a small cricket pitch for older kids and mud kitchen for smaller ones.
It doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg to get everyone loving the outdoors this summer.
Don’t be shy to talk to the specialists in everything patios Perth for advice and products to boot.
Everything patios Perth and patios Canning Vale
The team of patio builder Perth specialists hope the above have motivated you to make the most out of your summer.
If you’re needing help with your patio, whether it be maintaining, renovating or installing one, One Stop Patio Shop have all your needs and more covered.